Electrician dies after being electrocuted at Massachusetts gas station

Electrician Montgomery Al has died following an electrocution at a gas station in Massachusetts, police said.

Al, 43, a resident of Arlington, was working in the gas station when he was electrocute­ed, police and the Massachusetts Medical Society said in a statement Sunday.

Al was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The gas station is located at 730 S. Newbury St. in Arlington.

Al’s brother, John, told The Boston Globe that Al had been working at the gas pump for about four months and was known to the family.

Al worked at the same gas station where his brother works as a maintenance electrician.

Al had been a resident electrician at the Massachusetts General Medical Center for the past five years, the statement said.

The gas station’s owner did not immediately return a message Sunday night.